On Oct 12, 2006, at 12:23 AM, Frank Cusack wrote:

On October 11, 2006 11:14:59 PM -0400 Dale Ghent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Today, in 2006 - much different story. I even had Linux AND Solaris
problems with my machine's MCP51 chipset when it first came out. Both
forcedeth and nge croaked on it. Welcome to the bleeding edge. You're
unfortunately on the bleeding edge of hardware AND software.

Yeah, Solaris x86 is so bleeding edge that it doesn't even support
Sun's own hardware!  (x2100 SATA, which is now already in its second
generation)

You know, I'm really perplexed over that, especially given that the silicon image chips (AFAIK) aren't in any Sun product and yet they have a SATA framework driver.

/dale