Awesome, thanks for your help, will there be any way to convert raidz to raidz2?

Thanks again for help/

Chris

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Robert Milkowski wrote:

Hello Krzys,

Sunday, October 22, 2006, 8:42:06 PM, you wrote:

K> I have solaris 10 U2 and I have raidz partition setup on 5 disks, I just
added a
K> new disk and was wondering, can I add another disk to raidz? I was able to
add
K> it to a pool but I do not think it added it to zpool.

You can't grow RAID-Z :(
You can add a disk but you will end-up with one raid-z group and one
disk and "striping" between them.

K> Also when spare disks and raidz2 will be released in Solaris 10? Does anyone
K> know when U3 will be comming out?

In S10U3 which should be available late November.

--
Best regards,
Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

!DSPAM:122,453cd0015307021468!