senthil ramanujam wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to experiment a scenario that we would like to find a
possible solution. Is there anyone out there experienced or analyzed
before the scenario given below?

Scenario: The system is attached to an array. The array type is really
doesn't matter, i,e., it can be a JBOD or a RAID array. Needless to
say that ZFS is used to access the array. Note that the array is
exclusively used to store data for the database.

The question is that if the system is crashed, can I still use the
array (or rather data) on a different system?

this should work by simply issuing "zfs import" on the "new" system (you may need to add "-f"). As long as you don't reattach the crashed machine to the storage, all should be fine.

HTH
--
Michael Schuster                  +49 89 46008-2974 / x62974
visit the online support center:  http://www.sun.com/osc/

Recursion, n.: see 'Recursion'