I actually think this is an NFSv4 issue, but I'm going to ask here
anyway...

Server:    Solaris 10 Update 2 (SPARC), with several ZFS file systems
shared via the legacy method (/etc/dfs/dfstab and share(1M), not via the
ZFS property).  Default settings in /etc/default/nfs

bigbox# share
-       /data/archive   rw,anon=0       ""
bigbox# ls -ld /data/archive
drwxrwxrwx   9 root     other         10 Nov  3 14:15 /data/archived

Client A:  Solaris 10 (various patchlevels, both x86 and SPARC)

user1% cd /net/bigbox/data/archived
user1% ls -ld .
drwxrwxrwx   9 nobody   nobody        10 Nov  3 14:49 ./
user1% touch me
user1% mkdir foo
mkdir: Failed to make directory "foo"; Permission denied

Client B:  Solaris 8/9, various Linuxes, both x86/SPARC

user1% cd /net/bigbox/data/archived
user1% ls -ld .
drwxrwxrwx   9 root     other         11 Nov  3 14:49 ./
user1% touch me
user1% mkdir foo

It looks like the Solaris 10 machines aren't mapping the userIDs
correctly. All machines belong to the same NIS domain. I suspect NFSv4,
but can't be sure. Am I doing something wrong here?

--
Erik Trimble
Java System Support