Richard Elling - PAE schrieb:
For modern machines, which *should* be the design point, the channel
bandwidth is underutilized, so why not use it?

And what about encrypted disks? Simply create a zpool with checksum=sha256, fill it up, then scrub. I'd be happy if I could use my machine during scrubbing. A throttling of scrubbing would help. Maybe also running the scrubbing with a "high nice level" in kernel.

NB. At 4 128kByte iops per second, it would take 11 days and 8 hours
to resilver a single 500 GByte drive -- feeling lucky?

250ms is the Veritas default. It doesn't have to be the ZFS default also.

Daniel