Jim,

James F. Hranicky wrote:

Sanjeev Bagewadi wrote:
Jim,

We did hit similar issue yesterday on build 50 and build 45 although the
node did not hang.
In one of the cases we saw that the hot spare was not of the same
size... can you check
if this true ?

It looks like they're all slightly different sizes.
Interestingly during our demo runs at the recent FOSS event (http://foss.in) we had no issues
with this (snv build 45). We had a RAIDZ config of 3 disks and 1 spare disk.
And what we found was that the spare kicked in.

Here is how we tried it :
- Plugged out one of the 3 disks
- Kicked of a write to the FS on the pool (ie. dd to a new file in the FS).
- The spare kicked in after a while. I guess there is some delay in the detection. I am not sure if there is some threshold beyond which it kicks in. Need to check the code for this.

Do you have a threadlist from the node when it was hung ? That would
reveal some info.

Unfortunately I don't. Do you mean the output of

        ::threadlist -v
Yes. That would be useful. Also, check the zpool status output.

from

        mdb -k
Run the following :
# echo "::threadlist -v" | mdb -k > /var/tmp/threadlist.out

Regards,
Sanjeev.

--
Solaris Revenue Products Engineering,