Dale Ghent wrote:
Matthew Ahrens wrote:
Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
Hi all,

Having experienced this, it would be nice if there was an option to
offline the filesystem instead of kernel panicking on a per-zpool
basis. If its a system-critical partition like a database I'd prefer
it to kernel-panick and thereby trigger a fail-over of the
application. However, if its a zpool hosting some fileshares I'd
prefer it to stay online. Putting that level of control in would
alleviate a lot of the complaints it seems to me...or at least give
less of a leg to stand on. ;-)

Agreed, and we are working on this.

Similar to UFS's onerror mount option, I take it?

Actually, it would be interesting to see how many customers change the
onerror setting.  We have some data, just need more days in the hour.
 -- richard