Spencer Shepler wrote:
Good to hear that you have figured out what is happening, Ben.

For future reference, there are two commands that you may want to
make use of in observing the behavior of the NFS server and individual
filesystems.

There is the trusty, nfsstat command.  In this case, you would have been
able to do something like:
        nfsstat -s -v3 60

This will provide all of the server side NFSv3 statistics on 60 second
intervals.
Then there is a new command fsstat that will provide vnode level
activity on a per filesystem basis.  Therefore, if the NFS server
has multiple filesystems active and you want ot look at just one
something like this can be helpful:

        fsstat /export/foo 60

Fsstat has a 'full' option that will list all of the vnode operations
or just certain types.  It also will watch a filesystem type (e.g. zfs, nfs).
Very useful.

NFSstat I've been using, but fsstat I was unaware of. Which I'd used it rather than duplicated most of its functionality with D script. :)

Thanks for the tip.

benr.