Hi Peter,

Ah! That clears it up for me. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Jason

On 1/23/07, Peter Tribble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/23/07, Jason J. W. Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Perhaps I'm a bit dense, but I've been befuddled by the x+y notation
> myself. Is it X stripes consisting of Y disks?

Sorry. Took a short cut on that bit. It's x data disks + y parity. So in the
case of raidz1, y=1; in the case of raidz2, y=2. And ideally x should
be a power of 2. (So 8+2 is a raidz2 stripe of 10 disks in total.)

I've always used this notation, but now I think about it I'm not sure
how universal it is.

--

-Peter Tribble