Tim Cook wrote:
I guess I should clarify what I'm doing.

Essentially I'd like to have the / and swap on the first 60GB of the disk.
Then use the remaining 100GB as a zfs partition to setup zones on.  Obviously
the snapshots are extremely useful in such a setup :)

Does my plan sound feasible from both a usability and performance standpoint?
Yes, but depending on what you intend to do with zones, you
might get bit by this:

6356600 - zfs datasets can't be used to provide space for zone roots

However, you actually CAN use zfs datasets for zone roots.
Works fine.  The reason for the bug is that patching and upgrade
don't work yet on zone roots that are in zfs datasets, so we don't
recommend them for production use.  However, since it sounds
like you're just setting this up for testing, this shouldn't be a problem
for you.

- Lori Alt