Hello Nicolas,

NW> On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 05:15:28PM -0700, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
>> Could the replication engine eventually be integrated more tightly
>> with ZFS? That would be slick alternative to send/recv.

NW> But a continuous zfs send/recv would be cool too.  In fact, I think ZFS
NW> tightly integrated with SNDR wouldn't be that much different from a
NW> continuous zfs send/recv.

It would. zfs send/recv is more flexible in what it's expecting on the
remote side. You can have uncompressed file system on sending sinde,
and compressed one on remote, not to mention other properties and
different raid type and pool/fs size.

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]