So it sounds like the consensus is that I should not worry about using slices
with ZFS
and the swap best practice doesn't really apply to my situation of a 4 disk
x4200.

So in summary(please confirm) this is what we are saying is a safe bet for
using in a highly available production environment?

With 4x73 gig disks yielding 70GB each:

5GB for root which is UFS and mirrored 4 ways using SVM.
8GB for swap which is raw and mirrored across first two disks (optional: or no
liveupgrade and 4 way mirror this swap partition)
8GB for LiveUpgrade which is mirrored across the third and fourth two disks
This leaves 57GB of free space on each of the 4 disks in slices
One zfs pool will be created containing the 4 slices
the first two slices will be used in a zmirror yielding 57GB
The last two slices will be used in a zmirror yielding 57GB
Then a zstripe (raid0) will be layed over the two zmirrors yielding 114GB
usable space while able to sustain any 2 drives failing without a loss in data

Thanks

P.S.
Availability is determined by using a synthetic SLA monitor that operates on 2
minute cycles evaluating against a VIP by an external third party. If there are
no errors in the report for the month we hit 100%, I think even one error (due
to the 2 minute window) puts us below 6 9's..so we basically have a zero
tolerance standard to hit the sla and not get penalized monetarily