Hi Rainer,

While I would recommend upgrading to Build 54 or newer to use the
system tunable, its not that big of a deal to set the ARC on boot up.
We've done it on a T2000 for awhile, until we could take it down for
an extended period of time to upgrade it.

Definitely WOULD NOT run a database on ZFS without it. You will run
out of RAM, and depending on how your DB responds to being out of RAM,
you could get some very undesirable results.

Just my two cents.

-J