On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 03:35:41PM -0400, Jim Mauro wrote:

> http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/20/lost.data.ap/index.html

I worked (briefly, left right after this, no point working there) at a place
that
lost the hdd in it's main server. (small company).

"That's ok!  We have backups!"

Guy had been backing up the server every day for 10 years.  To the same tapes.
Never bought new tapes.

That's when I decided working for them wasn't a good idea.  ;)

-brian
--
"The reason I don't use Gnome: every single other window manager I know of is
very powerfully extensible, where you can switch actions to different mouse