> That's probably bug 6382683 "lofi is confused about
> sync/async I/O",
> and AFAIK it's fixed in current opensolaris
> releases.
>
> See the thread with subject "bad lofi performance
> with zfs file backend /
> bad mmap write performance"  from january / february
> 2006:
>
> http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2006
> -January/016450.html
> http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2006
> -February/016566.html
>
> Possible workaround:
> Create a 3gb zvol device, and use that instead of a
> 3gb file + lofi.
>
> Or use something like this:
>
>   zfs create tank/myiso
> cd /tank/myiso
>   cat /product/myproduct.tar.Z | tar xf -
> mkisofs ...

Thank you for the above information...

According to Bug Database bug 6382683 is in 1-Dispatched state, what does that
mean? I wonder if the fix is available (or will be available) as a Solaris 10
patch?

We have scripts which create our iso images and it will be a too much of a
hazzle to modify our scripts with the workaround(s). This sucks, we deployed
ZFS into production and roll it back because of this issue.

-- prasad