Atul Vidwansa wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to take file level snapshots in ZFS? Suppose I want to
keep a version of the file before writing new data to it, how do I do
that? My goal would be to rollback the file to earlier version (i.e.
discard the new changes) depending upon a policy.  I would like to
keep only 1 version of a file at a time and while writing new data,
earlier version will be discarded and current state of file (before
writing) would be saved in the version.

Most folks use SCCS, CVS, or some other version control system for this
sort of task.  These will work fine on ZFS.
 -- richard