Hi--

I'm looking forward to using zfs on my Mac at some point. My desktop server (a dual-1.25GHz G4) has a motley collection of discs that has accreted over the years: internal EIDE 320GB (boot drive), internal 250, 200 and 160 GB drives, and an external USB 2.0 600 GB drive.

My guess is that I won't be able to use zfs on the boot 320 GB drive, at least this year. I'd like to favor available space over performance, and be able to swap out a failed drive without losing any data.

So, what's the best zfs configuration in this situation? The FAQs I've read are usually related to matched (in size) drives.

Thanks!
Lee