zfs boot should work on b62, but does not work on b63 (see bug
6553537).  This bug is supposed to be fixed in b65 (I'm testing the
most recent nevada bits today to verify the fix).

I'm not sure what's up with the build 62 problem that Steffen
is having.  Steffen, if you'll send me more information I'll try
to help figure it out.

Lori

Matthew B Sweeney - Sun Microsystems Inc. wrote:
Hey Steve,

Not that I can help you out but I'm in the same boat. I'm using nv63 with the zfsbootkit. I've build a DVD after patching the netinstall. The instructions work fine, but I get the boot loop you describe. I haven't been able to catch the error yet, even with a boot -allthezfsstuff -avr. I can see it reads the disk and it loads the ata driver and then something goes by very quickly and I get into the loop.

I'm running nv B63 n a Toshiba tecra M3. Previously I had a windoze partition in addition to the Solaris partition. I' tried with the whole disk to see if that improves the situation,but alas, I'm still looping.
Matt

Steffen Weinreich wrote:
Hi!

I have installed svn_62 a few days ago and thought to give zfs boot a try. I followed the manual instructions and was able to get everything up and running with a zfs boot/root environment. After some tweaking (adding 2. Disk to the rootpool, moving some files from some old zfs fs to the rootpool etc ) I've tried a reboot to see if everything comes up again, I got boot loop. The error message isn't detectable, but I suppose it is a kernel panic since he does not find his root fs System is a Intel PiV based NN system with 2 PATA Disks @ 250GB on c0d0 and c0d1 and 2 SATA Disks @80 GB on c2d0 and c3d0. The root pool is on mirror c0d0s0 and c0d1s0 and I am able to boot into the failsafe mode and import the rootpool there. Any hints how I can tell the boot process to find it's root fs?

cheerio
   Steve