XIU, I'm currently using that card with my modest three-disk raid-z
home server and it works great! Solaris 10 had native support for it
so no need to mess with drivers.

On 5/20/07, XIU <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
About sata controllers, anyone tried
http://www.promise.com/product/product_detail_eng.asp?segment=Non-RAID%20HBAs&product_id=139#
? It sells here for like 90euro so would be a cheap way for me to add some
extra harddrives for a personal zfs server.

On 5/20/07, Diego Righi < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The onboard one is the controller that's in the nVidia 430 south bridge:
> pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x0e function 0x00: vendor 0x10de device 0x0266
> nVidia Corporation MCP51 Serial ATA Controller
>
> pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x0f function 0x00: vendor 0x10de device 0x0267
> nVidia Corporation MCP51 Serial ATA Controller
>
> The other one is a no-brand 4 port sil3114 pci sata 1.0 controller that I
bought at a local computer fair last september:
> pci bus 0x0001 cardnum 0x07 function 0x00: vendor 0x1095 device 0x3114
> Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3114 [SATALink/SATARaid] Serial ATA Controller
>
> Notice that I had to flash it to make it work like a regular "plain" ide
controller, otherwise it always kept the disks for himself "presenting" to
me only the logical raid created drive...

Christopher Gibbs
Email / LDAP Administrator
Web Integration & Programming
Abilene Christian University