>> Won't disabling ZIL minimize the chance of a consistent zfs-
>> filesystem
>> if - for some reason - the server did an unplanned reboot?
>
> ZIL in ZFS is only used to speed-up various workloads, it has
> nothing to
> do with file system consistency. ZFS is always consistent on disk no
> matter if you use ZIL or not.

But it can cause NFS client corruption and you no longer gets
synchronous write semantics (see if your app depend on that):
http://blogs.sun.com/erickustarz/entry/zil_disable

I highly recommend *against* setting zil_disable.

Disabling zil did improve the postgresql-import from 1 h. 45 min. to
1. h. 35 min. I get a 10 min. speedup but as the link point out
disabling has it's disadvantages. So I'll revert to the old setting.

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare