Hello folks, I have a question. Currently I have zfs pool (mirror) on two internal disks... I wanted to connect that server to SAN, then add more storage to this pool (double the space) then start using it. Then what I wanted to do is just take out the internal disks out of that pool and use SAN only. Is there any way to do that with zfs pools? Is there any way to move data from those internal disks to external disks?

I mean there are ways around it, I know I can make new pool, create snap on old and then send it over then when I am done just bring zone down make incremental sync and then switch that zone to use new pool, but I wanted to do it while I have everything up.. so my goal was to add another disk (SAN) disk to my existing two disks mirrored pool, then move data while I have everything running from one internal disks to SAN and then just take those internal disks out...

Any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris