Al Hopper 提到:

On Thu, 31 May 2007, David Anderson wrote:

.... snip .....

Other:
-Others have reported that Sil3124 based SATA expansion cards work well with Solaris.

[Sorry - don't mean to hijack this interesting thread]

I believe that there is a serious bug with the si3124 driver that has not been addressed. Ben Rockwood and I have seen it firsthand, and a quick look at the Hg logs shows that si3124.c has not been changed in 6 months.

Basic description of the bug: under heavy load (lots of I/O ops/Sec) all data from the drive(s) will completely stop for an extended period of time - 60 to 90+ Seconds.

There was a recent discussion of the same issue on the Solaris on x86 list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - several experienced x86ers have seen this bug and found the current driver unusable. Interestingly, one individual said (paraphrased) ... "don't see any issues" and then later ... "now I see it and it was there the entire time".

Recommendation: If you plan to use the 3124 driver, test it yourself under heavy load. A simple test with one disk drive will suffice.

In my case, it was plainly obvious with one (ex Sun M20) drive and a UFS filesystem - all I was doing was tarring up /export/home to another drive. Periodically the tar process would simply stop (iostat went flatline) - it looked like the system was going to crash - then (after 60+ Secs) the tar process continued as if nothing had happened. This was repeated 4 or 5 times before the 'tar cvf' (of around 40Mb of data) completed successfully.

Regards,

Al Hopper Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: 972.379.2133 Fax: 972.379.2134 Timezone: US CDT
OpenSolaris Governing Board (OGB) Member - Apr 2005 to Mar 2007
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/ogb/ogb_2005-2007/

Does the si3124 bug Hopper mentioned has something to do with below ERROR? I met them in workspace warlock build step, but I did nothing to si3124 codes...

warlock -c ../../common/io/warlock/si3124.wlcmd si3124.ll \
../sd/sd.ll ../sd/sd_xbuf.ll \
-l ../scsi/scsi_capabilities.ll -l ../scsi/scsi_control.ll -l ../scsi/scsi_watch.ll -l ../scsi/scsi_data.ll -l ../scsi/scsi_resource.ll -l ../scsi/scsi_subr.ll -l ../scsi/scsi_hba.ll -l ../scsi/scsi_transport.ll -l ../scsi/scsi_confsubr.ll -l ../scsi/scsi_reset_notify.ll \
-l ../cmlb/cmlb.ll \
-l ../sata/sata.ll \
-l ../warlock/ddi_dki_impl.ll

The following variables don't seem to be protected consistently:

dev_info::devi_state

*** Error code 10
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `si3124.ok'
Current working directory /net/greatwall/workspaces/wifi_rtw/usr/src/uts/intel/si3124
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
cd ../si3124; make clean; make warlock
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `warlock.sata'
Current working directory /net/greatwall/workspaces/wifi_rtw/usr/src/uts/intel/warlock

-
Michael