> > Starfox wrote:

> None of the scripts that I looked at seemed to
> offered any sort of error recovery.  I think I'll be
> able to use this as a starting point (and maybe the
> man pages can be updated to include that you can use
> any common snapshot to send -i - that fact is not
> obvious to those who are unfamiliar with the
> capabilities of ZFS).

My experience of handling errors in zfs_backup is that since the script is
duplicating the snapshots on the remote file system if it fails I simply run it
again and it picks up where it left off. That said it has never failed so far,
I've interrupted it or the system has crashed due to CR 6566921 but in both
cases running the script again it does just what it should, no more no less.

--chris