Michael Hase wrote:
Hi Victor,

the kernel panic in bug 6424466 resulted from overwriting some areas
of the disks, in this case I would expect at least strange things -
ok, not exactly a panic. In my case there was no  messsing around
with the underlying disks. The fix only seems to avoid the panic and
mentions no repair methods.
As far as I understand this now, scenario described in the bug 6424466 may not be the only scenario leading to such panic. I'm not sure if a repair method exists (other than recreating a pool from scratch).

Just discovered that the two devices have different sizes. c2t0d0s0
is just 27gb whereas c3t17d0s0 has 34gb, on the first disk I reserved
a partition for other testing purposes. Could this be a problem?
I think that it make sense to check slice boundaries for overlaps and use of slices by some other entities, like other file systems, swap, dump device etc.

Cheers,
Victor