On Sep 4, 2007, at 12:09, MC wrote:

> For everyone else:
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/timthomas/entry/
> samba_and_swat_in_solaris#comments
>
> "It looks like nevada 70b will be the next Solaris Express
> Developer Edition (SXDE) which should also drop shortly and should
> also have the ZFS ACL fix, but to find the full source integration
> you have to look in snv_72"
>
> I wonder what is missing from 70b that is included in the "full
> source integration :)

that was my comment - 70b was a respin of snv_70 with some extra
stuff added - meaning that the zfsacl.so.0 is released in binary form
in the SXDE (70b) in /usr/sfw/lib/vfs, but if you want to browse the
source consolidation for sfw you should really look here:
http://dlc.sun.com/osol/sfw/downloads/20070822/
instead of here:
http://dlc.sun.com/osol/sfw/downloads/20070724/

in S10u4 you'll need a patch that hasn't been released yet ..
(according to Jiri some of this has to do with prioritization on
samba.org's  releases as the zfsacl code got pushed to 3.0.26 which
is becoming the 3.2 branch complete with the GPLv3)

to implement, you'll need the following in the smb.conf [public]
section:

        vfs objects = zfsacl
        nfs4: mode = special

and for other issues around samba and the zfs_acl patch you should
really watch jurasek's blog:
http://blogs.sun.com/jurasek/

jonathan