Hi Bill,

You've got it 99%. I want to roll E back to say B, and keep G intact.
I really don't care about C, D or F. Essentially, B is where I want to
roll back to, but in case B's data copy doesn't improve what I'm
trying to fix I want to have copy of G's data around so I can go back
to how it.

My order of operations would be something like this:

1.)  Snapshot filesystem to preserve current state (snapshot F).
2.)  Create clone of F (clone G).
3.)  Roll the filesystem back to snapshot B.
4.)  Maintain clone G data even though filesystem is at B.

My concerns are:

1.) If I rollback to B after creating the clone, it will erase F and
thereby the dependent clone G.
2.) If I promote the clone G, G will be the active filesystem data
copy, when I want B to be the active data copy, I just want to keep G
around.

I apologize that this is coming out so confusingly. Please let me know
if this is clear at all.

I guess in a simple way, you could say I'd like to be able to rollback
to any particular snapshot without having to lose any newer snapshot.
Thereby giving the ability to roll-forward and backward.

Thank you in advance very much!

Best Regards,
Jason