On 29/10/2007, Tek Bahadur Limbu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I created a ZFS file system like the following with /mypool/cache being
> the partition for the Squid cache:
>
> 18:51:27 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ zfs list
> NAME                   USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
> mypool                 478M  31.0G  10.0M  /mypool
> mypool/cache           230M  9.78G   230M  /mypool/cache
> mypool/home            226M  31.0G   226M  /export/home
>
> Note: I only have a few days of experience on Solaris and I might have
> made some mistakes with the above ZFS partitions!

No, that looks ok. You can just 'zfs set quota=<something else> mypool/cache'
to be bigger in the future if need be.

> Basically, I want to know if somebody here on this list is using a ZFS
> file system for a proxy cache and what will be it's performance? Will it
> improve and degrade Squid's performance? Or better still, is there any
> kind of benchmark tools for ZFS performance?

filebench sounds like it'd be useful for you. It's coming in the next Nevada
release, but since it looks like you're on Solaris 10, take a look at:

  http://blogs.sun.com/erickustarz/entry/filebench

Remember to 'zfs set atime=off mypool/cache' -
there's no need for it for squid caches.

--
Rasputnik :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
http://number9.hellooperator.net/