Asif Iqbal wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2007 11:47 PM, Richard Elling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Asif Iqbal wrote:
>>
>>> I have the following layout
>>>
>>> A 490 with 8 1.8Ghz and 16G mem. 6 6140s with 2 FC controllers using
>>> A1 anfd B1 controller port 4Gbps speed.
>>> Each controller has 2G NVRAM
>>>
>>> On 6140s I setup raid0 lun per SAS disks with 16K segment size.
>>>
>>> On 490 I created a zpool with 8 4+1 raidz1s
>>>
>>> I am getting zpool IO of only 125MB/s with zfs:zfs_nocacheflush = 1 in
>>> /etc/system
>>>
>>> Is there a way I can improve the performance. I like to get 1GB/sec IO.
>>>

>> I don't believe a V490 is capable of driving 1 GByte/s of I/O.
>>

> Well I am getting ~190MB/s right now. I sure not hitting any where close
> to that ceiling
>

>> The V490 has two schizos and the schizo is not a full speed
>> bridge.  For more information see Section 1.2 of:
>>     http://www.sun.com/processors/manuals/External_Schizo_PRM.pdf

[err - see Section 1.3]

You will notice from Table 1-1, the read bandwidth limit for a schizo
PCI leaf is
204 MBytes/s.  With two schizos, you can expect to max out at 816
MBytes/s or
less, depending on resource contention.  It makes no difference that a 4
Gbps FC
card could read 400 MBytes/s, the best you can do for the card is 204
MBytes/s.
1 GBytes/s of read throughput will not be attainable with a V490.
 -- richard