On Nov 20, 2007 6:34 AM, MC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > So there is no current way to specify the creation of
> > a 3 disk raid-z
> > array with a known missing disk?
>
> Can someone answer that?  Or does the zpool command NOT accommodate the
> creation of a degraded raidz array?

can't started degraded, but you can make it so..

If one can make a sparse file, then you'd be set. Just create the
file, make a zpool out of the two disks and the file, and then drop
the file from the pool _BEFORE_ copying over the data. I believe then
you can add the third disk as a replacement. The gotcha (and why the
sparse may be needed) is that it will only use per disk the size of
the smallest disk.