Your response here appears to refer to a different post in this thread.

> I never said I was a typical consumer.

Then it's unclear how your comment related to the material which you quoted
(and hence to which it was apparently responding).

> If you look around photo forums, you'll see an
> interest the digital workflow which includes long
> term storage and archiving.  A chunk of these users
> will opt for an external RAID box (10%? 20%?).  I
> suspect ZFS will change that game in the future.  In
> particular for someone doing lots of editing,
> snapshots can help recover from user error.

Ah - so now the rationalization has changed to snapshot support.  Unfortunately
for ZFS, snapshot support is pretty commonly available (e.g., in Linux's LVM -
and IIRC BSD's as well - if you're looking at open-source solutions) so anyone
who actually found this feature important has had access to it for quite a
while already.

And my original comment which you quoted still obtains as far as typical
consumers are concerned.

- bill