I am using ZFS on FreeBSD 7.0_beta3. This is the first time i have used ZFS and I have run into something that I am not sure if this is normal, but am very concerned about.

SYSTEM INFO:
hp 320s (storage array)
12 disks (750GB each)
2GB RAM
1GB flash drive (running the OS)

When I take a disk offline and replace it with my spare, after the spare rebuild it shows there are numerous errors. see below:
scrub: resilver completed with 946 errors on Thu Dec  6 15:15:32 2007
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        fatty       DEGRADED     0     0 3.71K
          raidz2    DEGRADED     0     0 3.71K
            da0     ONLINE       0     0     0
            da1     ONLINE       0     0     0
            da2     ONLINE       0     0     0
            da3     ONLINE       0     0   300
            da4     ONLINE       0     0     0
            da5     ONLINE       0     0     0
            da6     ONLINE       0     0   253
            da7     ONLINE       0     0     0
            da8     ONLINE       0     0     0
            spare   DEGRADED     0     0     0
              da9   OFFLINE      0     0     0
              da11  ONLINE       0     0     0
            da10    ONLINE       0     0     0
        spares
          da11      INUSE     currently in use

errors: 801 data errors, use '-v' for a list

After I detach the spare da11 and bring da9 back online all the errors go away.

pool: fatty
state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error.  An
        attempt was made to correct the error.  Applications are unaffected.
action: Determine if the device needs to be replaced, and clear the errors
        using 'zpool clear' or replace the device with 'zpool replace'.
 see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-9P
scrub: resilver completed with 0 errors on Thu Dec  6 15:57:23 2007
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        fatty       ONLINE       0     0 3.71K
          raidz2    ONLINE       0     0 3.71K