> So I scrubbed the whole pool and it found a lot more corrupted files.

My condolences :)

General questions and comments about ZFS and data corruption:

I thought RAIDZ would correct data errors automatically with the parity data.
How wrong am I on that?  Perhaps a parity correction was already tried, and
there was too much corruption to be successful, implying a very significant
amount of data corruption?

Assuming the errors are being generated by bad hardware somewhere between the
disk and the CPU (inclusively), how could ZFS be configured to handle these
errors automatically?  Set data copies to equal 2, I think.  Anything else?