http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features/articles/selfheal.jsp

-- mark

Carson Gaspar wrote:
Ian Collins wrote:
Carson Gaspar wrote:

If this is possible, it's entirely undocumented... Actually, fmd's documentation is generally terrible. The sum total of configuration information is:

FILES
      /etc/fm/fmd             Fault manager  configuration  direc-
                              tory

Which is empty... It does look like I could write code to copy the output of "fmdump -f" somewhere useful if I had to.

Have you tried man fmadm?

http://onesearch.sun.com/search/docs/index.jsp?col=docs_en&locale=en&qt=fmadm&cs=false&st=11

Brings up some useful information.

"man fmadm" has:

- nothing to do with configuration (the topic) (OK, it "prints the config", whatever that means, but you can't _change_ anything)
- no examples of usage

I stand by my statement that the fault management docs need a lot of help.