> > On May 18, 2008, at 14:01, Mario Goebbels wrote:
> >  ZFS on Linux on
> > humper would actually be very interesting to many
> of
> > them.  I think
> > that's good for Sun.  Of course, ZFS on Linux on
>
> Umm, how many Linux shops buy support and/or HW from
> Sun ?
>
> It it's a Linux shop money is (in order) going to
> these people - IBM, Redhat, Novell, Dell.

Linux is supported on Sun equipment.  So is Windows.  A recent report show Sun
is the #3 vendor of x86 servers.

My shop just bought a Sun workstation to dualboot Windows and Solaris.

Regardless, ZFS is compelling enought that I'd like it everywhere.

Just like I like having vi everywhere.  Or perl or python or emacs....