That 1420SA will not work, period. Type "1420sa solaris" in Google and you'll
find a thread about the problems I had with it.

I sold it and took the cheap route again with a Silicon Image 3124-based
adapter and had more problems which now probably would be solved with the
latest Solaris updates.

Anyway, I finally settled for a motherboard with an Intel ICH9-R and couldn't
be happier (Intel DG33TL/DG33TLM, 6 SATA ports). No hassles and very speedy.

That Supermicro card someone else is recommending should also work without any
issues, and it's really cheap for what you get (8 ports). Your maximum
throuhput won't exceed 100MB/s though if you can't plug it in a PCI-X slot but
resort to a regular PCI slot instead.

Greetings,

Pascal