On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Justin Vassallo
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it possible to mirror a vdev within a zpool?
Not that I know of.

> My aim is to replace a current raidz2 vdev with a mirror. I was wondering if
> it is possible to create a mirrored vdev, use it to mirror my current vdev,
> then when resilvering completes remove the old vdev
Create a snapshot.  Create a new pool out of the new mirrored disks,
then zfs send the snapshot onto the new pool.  Destroy the old pool.

Of course, if you have other vdevs in the pool, this doesn't work, but
if it's just the one it'll get the job done.  You'll have a new pool
name, but you can export it and reimport with a different name if that
matters to you.

Will