> I don't know, I'm not a UFS expert (heck, I'm not an expert
> on _anything_). Have you investigated putting your paying
> customers onto zfs and managing quotas with zfs properties
> instead of ufs?

Yep, we spent about 6 weeks during the trial period of the x4500 to try
to find a way for ZFS to be able to replace the current NetApps. History
of this mailing-list should have it, and thanks to everyone who helped.

But it was just not possible. Perhaps now it can be done, using
mirror-mounts, but the 50 odd servers hanging off the x4500 don't all
support it, so it would still not be feasible.

Unless there has been some advancement in ZFS in the last 6 months I am
not aware of... like user quotas?

Thanks for your assistance.

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)