Thank you for all the feedback!  It's appreciated!

@hartz
"Does the racks have power from separate PDUs?"

Yes

"Are they in physically remote locations?"

No, the racks are side by side

"Does your fabric switches have redundant power from separate PDUs?"

yes

"Do you want mirroring here purely for performance reasons?"

Goals would be data integrity, and REDUNDANCY - while not throwing performance
completely out of the window.

"Because these systems have so much internal redundancy that I can not see why
you would want to mirror across them."

This is due to the fact that we have data that we just can't afford to lose.
Our hardware/power setup is pretty good and we have good backups but want to
"try" to make sure all of our customers data is protected from every
angle...and as I said in the initial post I know this scenario is possible but
not probable especially with the redundant power etc....so in short, mirroring
was put in there to account for one of the racks failing (again, unlikely in
our setup.."hope for the best...prepare for the worst")

"Striping would give you better performance."

So how would this be setup in ZFS

zpool create somepool 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

So essentially a raid 0 on the zfs side? and leave all the redundancy on the
hardware?....<shakes nervously>  Am I understanding that correctly?