If the cabling outage was transient, the disk driver would simply retry
until they came back.  If it's a hotplug-capable bus and the disks were
flagged as missing, ZFS would by default wait until the disks came back
(see zpool get failmode <pool>), and complete the I/O then.  There would
be no missing disk writes, hence nothing to resilver.

Jeff