Hi Jorgen,

This isn't an answer to your problem I'm afraid, but a request for you to do a
test when you get your new x4500.

Could you try pulling a SATA drive to see if the system hangs?  I'm finding
Solaris just locks up if I pull a drive connected to the Supermicro
AOC-SAT2-MV8 card, and I was under the belief that uses the same chipset as the
Thumper.

I'm hoping this is just a driver problem, or a problem specific to the
Supermicro card, but since our loan x4500 went back to Sun I'm unable to test
this myself, and if the x4500's do lock up I'm a bit concerned about how they
handle hardware failures.

thanks,

Ross