On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:36 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Rainer,
>
> Sorry for your trouble.
>
> I'm updating the installboot example in the ZFS Admin Guide with the
> -F zfs syntax now. We'll fix the installboot man page as well.

Perhaps it also deserves a mention in the FAQ somewhere near
http://opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/boot/zfsbootFAQ/#mirrorboot.

5. How do I attach a mirror to an existing ZFS root pool"?

Attach the second disk to form a mirror.  In this example, c1t1d0s0 is attached.

# zpool attach rpool c1t0d0s0 c1t1d0s0

Prior to build <TBD>, bug 6668666 causes the following
platform-dependent steps to also be needed:

On sparc systems:
# installboot -F zfs /usr/`uname -i`/lib/fs/zfs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0

On x86 systems:
# ...

--
Mike Gerdts