Hi,

I've had 3 zfs file systems hang completely when one of the drives in their
pool fails. This has happened on both USB as well as internal SAS drives. In
/var/adm/messages, I'd get this kind of msg:

Jul 29 13:45:24 zen     SCSI transport failed: reason 'timeout': retrying
command

Jul 29 13:48:24 zen scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING:
/[EMAIL PROTECTED],0/pci108e,[EMAIL PROTECTED],1/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED],0 (sd17):

Jul 29 13:48:24 zen     SCSI transport failed: reason 'timeout': giving up

Is there a SCSI and/OR zfs timeout setting I can tune to tell it to flag a
drive as faulty and stop attempting to access it?

I recently replaced some drives by WD drives, set up with a 7s TLER, but
this has not helped the issue!

justin