On 10 August, 2008 - Martin Svensson sent me these 0,9K bytes:

> Hello! I'm new to ZFS and have some configuration questions.
>
> What's the difference, performance wise, in below configurations?
> * In the first configuration, can I loose 1 disk?

Yes.

> And, are the disks striped to gain performance, as they act as one
> vdev?

No.

> * In the second configuration, can I loose 2 disks (one per raidz
> group)?

Yes.

> Since dynamic striping is done across vdevs, will this
> configuration have better performance then configuration 1?

Yes.

You most often trade disk space for performance.. Best performance is
gained with striped mirrors, but then you "lose" half of your disks in
space..

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.acc.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå