When you say 'removing a disk' from a zpool, do you mean shrinking a zpool by
logically taking disks away from it, or just removing a failing disk from a
zpool?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Daniel Polombo
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 6:20 AM
To: zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: [zfs-discuss] ETA on zpool vdev removal?

I've just recently discovered that ZFS doesn't support (yet) removing a disk
other than a hot spare from a zpool. I've also found out that this feature has
been on the TODO list for ages (at least since January 2006).

Is there any kind of ETA on that feature's availability? Unfortunately, there's
no way my current company will switch to ZFS without it, and I was already
having a hard time convincing the m...