On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:46:47AM +0100, Robert Milkowski wrote:

>    Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 7:11:01 PM, you wrote:
>
>    I'm currently working out details on an upgrade from UFS/SDS on DAS to
>    ZFS on a SAN fabric.  I'm interested in hearing how ZFS has behaved in
>    more traditional SAN environments using gear that scales vertically
>    like EMC Clarion/HDS AMS/3PAR etc.  Do you experience issues with
>    zpool integrity because of MPxIO events?  Has the zpool been reliable
>    over your fabric?  Has performance been where you would have expected
>    it to be?
>
>    Yes it works fine.

We have a 2-TB ZFS pool on a T2000 server with storage on our Iscsi
SAN.  Disk devices are four LUNs from our Netapp file server, with
multiple IP paths between the two.  We've tested this by disconnecting
and reconnecting ethernet cables in turn.  Failover and failback
worked as expected, with no interruption to data flow.  It looks like
this:

  $ zpool status
    pool: space
   state: ONLINE
   scrub: none requested
  config:

          NAME                                     STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
          space                                    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c4t60A98000433469764E4A2D456A644A74d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c4t60A98000433469764E4A2D456A696579d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c4t60A98000433469764E4A476D2F6B385Ad0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c4t60A98000433469764E4A476D2F664E4Fd0  ONLINE       0     0     0

  errors: No known data errors