Vikas,

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 01:29:49PM +0530, Vikas Kakkar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please help answering the following queries:
>
> 1. Can we reduce the size of a file system if we use ZFS?

The size of the filesystem is dynamic. ie. it depends on the size of the pool.
The only way to limit the size of the filesystem is by applying quota on it.
And quota can be dynamically increased/decreased.

NOTE : Ofcourse we cannot reduce the quota to anything lesser than what the
filesystem is already consuming.

> 2. Can we use ZFS is the storage array is EMC DMX-4?

Not sure about the specifics. But, as long as the box can publish its
LUNs as disks on a host it should work.

Regards,
Sanjeev.