Hi.
I took a snapshot of a directory in which I hold PDF files related to math.
I then added a 50MB pdf file from a CD (Oxford Math Reference; I strongly
reccomend this to any math enthusiast) and did "zfs list" to see the size of
the snapshot (sheer curiosity). I don't have compression turned on for this
filesystem. However, it seems that the 50MB PDF took up only 64K.
How is that possible?
Is ZFS such a good filesystem, that it shrinks files to a mere fraction of
their size?
I viewed the file and it seems to be intact.
Is there anyone here, who can explain to me how this happened?
I am awe-struck... in a good way, of course :D.