Paul Raines wrote:
> I am having a very odd problem on one of our ZFS filesystems
>
> On certain files, when accessed on the Solaris server itself locally
> where the zfs fs sits, we get an error like the following:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] # ls -l
> ./README: Value too large for defined data type
> total 36
> -rw-r-----   1 mreuter  mreuter     1019 Sep 25  2006 Makefile
> -rw-r-----   1 mreuter  mreuter     3185 Feb 22  2000 lcompgre.cc
> -rw-r-----   1 mreuter  mreuter     3238 Feb 22  2000 lcompgsh.cc
> -rw-r-----   1 mreuter  mreuter     2485 Feb 22  2000 lcompreg.cc
> -rw-r-----   1 mreuter  mreuter     2774 Feb 22  2000 lcompshf.cc

Do you by chance have /usr/gnu/bin, or any directory with a Gnu 'ls' in
your path before /usr/bin?
(what does 'which ls' show?)

I've seen this with Gnu ls that I have compiled myself as far back as
Solaris 9 mayber earlier. By default Gnu ls compiled on solaris doesn't
know how to handle latgr files (and therefore probably 64bit dates either.)

When I've seen this, explicitly running /usr/bin/ls -l worked fine, and
I suspect it will for you too.

   -Kyle