We have a moderately sized Cyrus installation with 2 TB of storage
and a few thousand simultaneous IMAP sessions.  When one of the
backup processes is running during the day, there's a noticable
slowdown in IMAP client performance.  When I start my `mutt' mail
reader, it pauses for several seconds at `Selecting INBOX'.  That
behavior disappears when the backup finishes.

The IMAP server is a T2000 with six ZFS filesystems that correspond to
Cyrus partitions.  Storage is four Iscsi LUNs from our Netapp filer.
The backup in question is done with EMC Networker.  I've looked at
zpool I/O statistics when the backup is running, but there's nothing
clearly wrong.

I'm wondering if perhaps all the read activity by the backup system
is causing trouble with ZFS' caching.  Is there some way to examine
this area?