Fascinating link, thanks for posting it.

I was writing a nice long reply about what this means for usage, but I've just
been on the Fusion-io web site, and it appears they have updated their
documentation.  They now state:

Write MB/s:  600
Read MB/s:  700
Read IOPS:  102,000 (sustained 4k random reads)
Write IOPS:  101,000 (sustained 4k random writes)

It doesn't look like I saved any early spec sheets, but I certainly don't
remember them saying anything about a sustained 4k iops rate before.  That
makes me think there's a fair bit of truth to what was said.

Since both IBM & HP have made announcements that they are working with
Fusion-io, and a lot of Fortune 100 companies signed up to the technology too,
it will be interesting to see how this plays out.